I guess it’ safe to say that it’s our ego acting up.
Making us want to look good at all times.
Making us feel insecure at times too.
But in reality, do we really have to embrace perfection as our own standard of happiness and contentment?
Come to think of it.
What’s the worst thing that can happen when you embrace your flaws and imperfections?
Then allow me to share with you these 5 ways to embrace your imperfections easier:
- Strive to become more relatable
- You are not the only one who has those flaws. You’ll be surprised at how many from all over the world can relate to your situation. So instead of thinking that your flaws turn you into an outcast, think of them as something that promotes inclusivity. Stop hiding them. Such a comforting thought to know that you are not alone in your pursuit to embrace your own imperfections. You can join or create your own community to help and support others in their own personal journey towards self-acceptance.
- Choose to redefine yourself
- You will always be more than your flaws. And you have that power of choice to see yourself differently beyond your flaws. Redefine yourself based on what’s under your control and what you can still do to rise above your own imperfections. Remember that you are in control of your own destiny and that you can always work around your imperfections.
- Make your flaws inspiring
- Somewhere out there, someone who has the same flaws sees you as a source of hope and inspiration. What is key here is to know and remember that those imperfections that you have are actually beautiful springboards for personal breakthroughs that go beyond your insecurities. Utilize them to empower others, much like how you empower yourself from within with this change of perspective.
- Acknowledge your strengths and blessings
- Look beyond your flaws and you will realize that you have more than enough. What are you good at? What do you have? What have you accomplished? What went right? There will always be reasons to be grateful for if you become intentional in seeking and acknowledging them as you embrace your flaws and imperfections along the way.
- Surround yourself with supportive people
- As you are, you’re amazing and that you are loved and supported for who and what you are. Reach out to family and friends and allow them to journey with you. When the going gets tough, you can always seek the help of mental health professionals so that you can process things better and make the journey towards self-acceptance and embracing your flaws, easier.
I hope these tips help you accept your flaws and imperfections better so that in the process you will be able to discover your very own #bestmeever .